Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PDP #174: I'd Recognize That Spaceship Anywhere

Public murals, I find, are a good indicator of a healthy urban culture. They help to bind the neighborhood fabric, and put a human stamp on one's surroundings. It's one reason I'd like to see the railway bridges of the Queen Street Subway, which presently form Parkdale's eastern border, revitalized in such a way once the Dufferin Jog Elimination Project is completed. I found this particular mural on Jones Avenue; what made me remember it was the presence of Spaceman Spiff, one of Calvin's alter egos from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. I'm talking about the red flying saucer there, and not the one being flown by a cow - a cow that is obviously mad as hell about aliens abducting and mutilating cattle, and is out for some payback.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment