Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photo: Borderline

Earlier this week I got it in my head to do something really bold, so on Friday, I took advantage of the extremely good weather and bicycled from my apartment in New Westminster to Point Roberts, Washington - in other words, to the United States of America. I've never made it to the border purely through my own efforts before; every other time it was by car or plane. I didn't expect the line at the border to be so long, though. It backed a fair bit up into Tsawwassen itself - a wait, I estimate, of ninety minutes to two hours. Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that - pedestrians and bicyclists get to jump the line.

It wasn't even the worst, though - while making my way north up Tyee Drive, the radio reported that wait times at the Surrey border crossings were in the neighborhood of four hours. But, then, this is the first long weekend of the year here.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment