Friday, April 26, 2013

Not Quite Dead

It appears that it's been six months since I've posted anything. What an oversight. But I am, at the least, still alive.

The truth of the matter is that I've let some of the weblogging fire go as of late, as I said back in the beginning of October; my recent relocation had something to do with that. At the end of November I pulled up stakes again, decamped from the rainy Lower Mainland, and returned to Toronto just in time for six months of winter or winter-like weather to start. Six months is enough of a break, I think; personally, one of the big issues for me was that Google changed the Blogger posting format right around the time I paused regular updating for the first time, and even months later it still strikes me as irredeemably ugly and clunky.

So we'll see how things go from here. On those occasions when I post, I'll endeavor to provide material actually worth your time, and if it's something that isn't a fulminating reaction to something I saw in some newspaper, so much the better. New Tunnel Visions posts will be on the way in due time, hopefully--although, thanks to the chaos of my transcontinental move, I still have yet to figure out where I put the notebook in which I recorded my impressions of the Portland Streetcar and the Seattle Streetcar Network. If that means I just have to return to Cascadia one day to get that information fresh, well... I'll confront that when it comes. Besides, I seem to recall promising overviews of the systems in Buffalo and Cleveland, at least, and they're far easier to get to from Toronto than Vancouver.

In the meantime, have a photo of a fire hydrant wearing a kitty toque.



I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment