Sunday, June 16, 2013

Photo: Above the City

More than six months after coming back east, I still find myself thinking back to my time out west... I believe it will be a long while yet before I'm able to put that whole experience in proper context with everything else. Some days it feels like an extended dream, like I was never really there at all, that there couldn't be a place in the world like Metro Vancouver; others it feels like everything front of me is what really isn't real. It's hard to parse out sometimes, and even harder to put into words. Still, there are times--when I'm walking to the grocery store or waiting for a transfer at Bloor-Yonge--that I look back with fondness to my life in New Westminster. In that respect, here it is: downtown New Westminster, captured from a train crossing the SkyBridge, on an uncharacteristically sunny day back in March 2012.

It's all still so familiar.



I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment