Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Can-Con 2013 Schedule

Shock, horror, holy crap--it's a post that isn't a photo! Truth be told, I'm in the midst of rethinking how Acts of Minor Treason works; over the next couple of months I'm endeavoring to reinvent it as a more functional, WordPress-based site. For now, though, I have actual news to deliver!

I'll be attending Can-Con 2013, an Ottawa-based speculative fiction convention, which runs from October 4th to 6th at the Minto Suite Hotel in Ottawa, Ontario and will see the presentation of the Prix Aurora Awards, Canada's highest sf honors. In a first for me, I won't be attending as just some guy as I have managed to finagle myself onto some panels!

Friday, 8 PM to 9 PM - News and Fun from Worldcon - As I understand it, this will be a look at LoneStarCon 3, the 71st World Science Fiction Convention, for those who weren't there and are curious about how a Worldcon goes.

Saturday, 8 PM to 9 PM - You're Qualified for SFWA: Should You Join? - Once you know that SFWA is the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, an association of which I'm a member, this one seems pretty self-explanatory.

Sunday, 3 PM to 4 PMMaking Predictions: Looking Into the Future as a Science Fiction Writer - I wouldn't say I make predictions, really. But there are things you can do to make your future feel more real and believable.

So if you're in the Ottawa area and interested in this sort of stuff, come over and see! Track me down even, maybe. Full details are available on the con website.

No comments:

Post a Comment