Sunday, July 31, 2011

Photo: Breaking News!

One of the highlights of the old Citytv Building at Queen and John in Toronto was always, in my opinion, the news van frozen in crashing out of the eastern wall. When I was younger it was a Citytv van, later changed to a CP24 one, though in recent years I can't recall if the lights continued to flash and the wheels kept spinning.

It's been a while since I've been to Toronto and so I can't know for sure, but I presume that the van is no longer there thanks to Citytv's relocation to its Dundas Square studios in the former Olympic Spirit building - though, realistically, as this happened a year before I moved away from Toronto, I have little excuse to not know it. It doesn't seem like there's enough blank wall on that building for a news van to crash out of again.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

1 comment: