Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photo: A Distant Peace

When I took my bike down to White Rock this past weekend, my original objective was the Peace Arch at the Surrey/Blaine border crossing; the only problem was that my maps were insufficient for the task at hand. Unlike the Point Roberts border crossing, which is extremely easy to get to via regular roads, it seems that access to the Peace Arch crossing is intended to go mostly by highway; King George Boulevard just ends at 8 Avenue. I did find detours on Google Maps after returning home, but that didn't do me much good.

I didn't make it to the Peace Arch, but I was still able to see it. I got this shot of it on the far side of Semiahmoo Bay from the White Rock waterfront. It's funny, in its way; the border looms so large over everything, but in a photo like this, if you didn't know it was there you might never suspect it was there.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.


This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment