Saturday, July 14, 2012

Photo: An Uncommon Rail Palette

Every Portland Streetcar has its own color scheme, but some are more natural than others. One of the first ones I encountered on the road was #008, which at the time had a rather unique yellow and green color scheme with blue trimming. Not the sort of colors that usually go together on transit vehicles, I have to admit. What really struck me about this image when I was going through my archives was the bus ahead of the streetcar; TriMet uses some of the same models as the TTC, and so if I really squint, it's like this scene is taking place in Toronto.

But Mayor Ford would never stand for a streetcar blocking up traffic like that. I mean, just look at it! All blocking and such.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment