Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PDP #4: Gzowski Sunrise

One of the few things I regret about no longer being on the night shift is that once summer comes around again, I won't be awake to take photos of when the day just begins. I did a lot of that last summer, when I had to expose myself to as much daylight as possible to keep from going mad. There's something very calming in the air at daybreak, a cool edge to the wind that's long evaporated by the time the averagefolk start to roll out of bed.

I took this photograph on August 23, 2008 at 5:52 AM EDT from Sir Casimir Gzowski Park on the Toronto waterfront, just east of the border with Etobicoke, looking back toward the downtown core. A cropped and printed version of this photo lives on my living room shelf, as well - it's good that I like this photo so much, because I opened my finger on the edge of the glass frame when I was getting everything together. If you like it, I encourage you to do the same - except for opening your finger, as it's rather unpleasant and can liberate a lot of blood.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment