Friday, December 4, 2009

PDP #140: To Far Away Spots

A while ago I discovered, entirely by accident, that the bridge that carries Kipling Avenue above Highway 401 is a pretty good place for planespotting. It's a stone's throw from Toronto Pearson International Airport, and in the short time I was there about half a dozen aircraft went by overhead - both big jets and smaller turboprops. I'd have liked to get some head-on shots of the jets as they approached, but the thing is you can't really hear them until they're practically overhead. Today's photo is part of Air Canada's fleet, what I believe is a Boeing 767, on descent near Etobicoke North GO Station.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to put out a reminder - this Sunday, starting at 2 PM Pacific Time, I and fellow authors Shauna Roberts and Ken Edgett will be signing copies of Return to Luna at Mystery & Imagination, 238 N. Brand Boulevard, in Glendale, California. If you're in the Los Angeles area, I encourage you to stop by. I personally believe it will be awesome.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment