Friday, March 13, 2009

PDP #11: Super Mario Bross. Fast Foods

Though this photo's in the public domain, the subject matter sure as certainty isn't. I took this picture through the window of a northbound 29 Dufferin bus on October 3, 2008, only because I didn't think anyone would believe such a brazen violation of intellectual property would be emblazoned on a storefront with only one letter added - as if that would make Nintendo's lawyers go away. "Super Mario Bross," indeed. At the time this picture was taken, the eatery in question was at the intersection of Dufferin Street and Glencairn Avenue in North York; I haven't been up that way in some time, so I've got no way of knowing if the copyright lawyers have appeared to shut the place down.

I'm no fan of copyright straightjackets, but realistically, there are some lines that it's better not to cross.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment