Sunday, May 24, 2009

PDP #45: SkyBus

Yesterday I headed out to take advantage of Doors Open Toronto, a yearly event wherein sites that are usually closed to the public throw their doors open (hence the name) for a weekend. While this year's hot spot appears to have been the Don Jail, my interests didn't quite run to the penitentiary. I went instead to the Toronto Transit Commission's offerings - Eglinton Bus Garage, a bus maintenance facility in Scarborough, and Greenwood Shop, a subway maintenance facility in the larger Greenwood Complex in East York.

Here, bus #7664 is elevated on a maintenance platform that allows mechanics to access the squishy bits on the bus's underside, the sort of things that you never want to see if you meet a bus on the street. It's not exactly, you know, a common perspective.

Greenwood itself was interesting, mostly because I had - and took - the opportunity to report that damned typo to Adam Giambrone, very tall Chairperson of the TTC. Maybe now I can stop getting annoyed when I see it every. single. day.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment