Saturday, May 30, 2009

PDP #48: Knight of Traill

For the five years I spent there, the first week of September was always Intro-Week at Trent University.1 That was the week before classes began, when young undergraduates fresh from high school staggered onto campus full of confusion and fear, adrift and in a new sort of world. One of the standard Intro-Week activities was Clubs and Groups Day, where Trent's student organizations took to the podium outside Bata Library to build awareness among the newbies and get new members.

Today's picture comes from Intro-Week 2005, the last one I was at Trent for. I really wish I remembered the context, but I don't - though this picture, or another one just like it, was also used as a cover photo for an issue of Absynthe back in the day. "Traill" in this case means Catherine Parr Traill College, one of six colleges that make up Trent University.2

Also, doesn't that kneeling dude have an incredible afro?


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 I'm not saying they don't still do this. I just can't say that with total certainty, so it's much easier for me to phrase this all in the past tense.

2 Champlain was, and remains, the best. Suck it, OC.

No comments:

Post a Comment