Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PDP #112: OlymPicasso

I was in Chicago's Daley Plaza last Friday when the news was broken that Chicago was not getting the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, and video of that event has been placed on YouTube. I also took some photographs of the building crowd during my time there. Today's photograph is of the crowd, shortly before the announcements were made, packed into Daley Plaza round the base of the Picasso, an otherwise-untitled sculpture by Pablo Picasso. This was the first time I'd seen it, and I thought at first it had been brought in specifically for the event - later, I realized, that was only the case with the laurel wreath and the medal.

Personally, I think it kind of resembles Snoopy with angel wings. A spiritual counterpart of Gumby Goes to Heaven here in Toronto, maybe?

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment