Friday, December 18, 2009

PDP #147: Cloud Mountain Valley

I've heard it said about California that it contains an example of every environment on Earth, from rainforests to deserts to the Mediterranean climate that makes Los Angeles stand apart from the deserts just over the mountains. Looking out from an aircraft is an excellent way to see this, and to see things that just couldn't be taken in at once from ground level.

Based on the flight path of my Los Angeles - Toronto flight, I believe this picture to have been taken somewhere over the San Gabriel Mountains, but I can't get any more specific than that. I think it stands fairly well on its own.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment