Saturday, August 22, 2009

PDP #89: A Line to the Islands

One of the consequences of the thirty-nine day city workers' strike that characterized Toronto's summer of 2009 was the cessation of ferry service to the Toronto Islands. It's a brief ride from the York Street terminal across the harbour, extremely popular with locals and tourists alike on nice summer days, and the strike allowed the buildup of a massive, pent-in demand.

On August 3rd, the Civic Holiday and a statutory holiday, I had the idea to take my bike to the Islands and go around. Way more people than me had the same idea.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment