Monday, November 30, 2009

PDP #138: Scramble! Scramble!

The scramble intersection at Yonge and Dundas has been there for long enough now that pretty much everyone in the area knows the score: as I recall, first north-south traffic gets the green light, then east-west traffic gets the green light, and then traffic in all directions gets the red light so that pedestrians can cross from any corner to any other corner. A similar interchange has been installed recently at Yonge and Bloor, but I've never been up there.

Considering the amount of foot traffic at Yonge and Dundas, the scramble intersection's more than worthwhile. It's also fun, and a good spot for fresh photographic perspectives. Once, while I was crossing, I saw a couple run out into the middle with a professional photographer trailing behind to snap a photo of them together in the intersection. That's the sort of idea I can get behind.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment