Wednesday, February 24, 2010

PDP #181: Trinity Gates

Despite living in the general area, I don't often find myself getting out to Trinity Bellwoods Park. I was there this weekend, though, and I definitely think now I should get down there in the spring or summer, when it's actually warm and green rather than cool, scraggly, and brown. I was surprised how many dead leaves there were on the ground, left over from autumn - I can't recall seeing so many in previous years. Maybe it's a consequence of Toronto's snow drought, or maybe I just can't remember what last February was really like.

My only regret is that the skies didn't become blue until a few hours later in the day, well after I'd taken this picture. I think I'll go back in a few months and retake this picture, to get a nice before/after thing going. Also, check out the Wikipedia article - it has a photo taken from the same angle as this one, but a hundred years ago. Pretty rad.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment