Friday, February 26, 2010

PDP #182: Big Blue Buildings

When you're dealing with areas that are outside built-up downtown cores, it's easy for the cityscape to be stocked with the simple, but aesthetically bland, pattern of 1970s apartment highrises and compact plazas or three-storey office buildings set well back from the street. I think this is true to a degree along Sheppard Avenue East, which I walked from Consumers to Kennedy last weekend.

It's doesn't entirely go the easy route, though. Just before the border between North York and Scarborough, the Atria office development rises from the south side of the street. I really liked the look of these two buildings, Atria II and Atria III - they kind of look like big blue teeth, almost. Kinda.

EDIT: I know, I know. They don't really look like teeth at all.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment