Sunday, April 29, 2012

Photo: The Concrete Beach

When I was a student at Trent University's Champlain College, trying my level best to ignore all that "work" that my professors kept thoughtlessly assigning me, when you wanted to go outside and kick off there was one good place to start. We called it the Concrete Beach, a short series of concrete steps set between the edge of the grassy quad and the Otonabee River. Especially in the early evenings, it was a good place to sit, think, and while away the time - that, and if some idiot jumped off the footbridge as part of some undergraduate stunt, you'd have a front-row seat.

I was last back there in 2010 and captured this photo before I left. It's very stark, though. Very '60s. The architecture, I mean. Not the photo. No digital cameras in the world of Mad Men.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment