Wednesday, April 22, 2009

PDP #30: 401 By Morning

Highways aren't meant to be walked on. They should instead be traversed with great speed. Frequent highway travel in my younger days, back when I lived in Barrie and had yet to grasp what my reliance on car travel was doing to the environment, made me familiar with most of the major routes in and around Toronto, albeit from the front passenger's seat. I often find it a strange switch of perspective when I return to places on foot after only having driven through them, being able to appreciate their nature in a more complete way.

Here, I'm looking east along Highway 401 in Etobicoke from the Kipling Avenue bridge, at 6:55 on a Saturday morning. This is about as quiet as the 401 ever gets.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment