Thursday, April 30, 2009

PDP #34: FFH 330

Once a year or so, the Canadian Navy sends one of its Halifax class frigates on a Great Lakes tour, conducting port visits in cities across the lakes. On these occasions, the warship is opened for civilian tours. I had the opportunity to participate in such a tour back in May 2007, when HMCS Halifax dropped anchor in Hamilton, Ontario. It would've been more convenient to see it when it was in Toronto, sure, but I didn't find out about the tour until after it had already come and gone.

Two months before I'd finished a novel set on one such ship, a novel which still languishes on my hard drive in draft status. It was a hell of a thing actually seeing Halifax in person - awexome.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment