Sunday, August 1, 2010

PDP #259: The Miniature Railway

It wasn't until very recently that I discovered the John Street Roundhouse, just south of the CN Tower. A piece of converted railway infrastructure, it's there that you can find the Steam Whistle brewery and the Toronto Railway Heritage Centre, along with what has got to be one of the narrowest-gauge operating railways in the world. When I was there a couple of months ago, back during Doors Open Toronto, they were running it for the visitors and it had the biggest line at the place.

It made me wonder - what if this sort of system could be used for package delivery or something? Granted, it might not be efficient, but it would still be awesome as hell.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant any entity the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about the miniatures ... I've seen the big ones.

    ReplyDelete