Saturday, August 21, 2010

PDP #269: Flying in the Sunlight

A couple of weeks ago, as I posted about previously, the southwest corner of the Yonge and King intersection was redressed to become New York City. A common tactic I've seen in making Toronto look more like the United States is to fly American flags wherever there's a flagpole - which, to be perfectly honest, is essentially the same thing you'll see in the actual United States. I'm not sure what the difference in flags per capita is between Canada and the US, but it's gotta be pretty wide.

Still, it looks good in the light - and from this perspective, I can see how the unfamiliar could be convinced that Toronto is, in fact, New York City. Or whatever place it needs to be.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant any entity the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment