Saturday, April 2, 2011

Photo: Burrard's Cherry Blossoms

I suppose spring finally has come to Vancouver. On March 31, a day that seemed almost anomalously warm and blue and bright, I got off the SkyTrain early at Burrard Station and wandered into the Cherry Jam Downtown, part of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival - but since I only had a few minutes, I focused more on the cherry blossoms themselves.

This was, I think, the first time I've ever seen them blossoming directly. While you can find them in Toronto, they're somewhat out of the way in High Park. In Vancouver, it's more that you can't miss them. Those hot pink blossoms are practically alien to me - over the last twenty-eight years, my experience taught me that leaves just aren't that color. Sure, I knew about the existence of cherry blossoms, but seeing photographs is totally incomparable with the real thing.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment