Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photo: Planes Beneath the Mountains

I've been getting an anomalous number of hits today by people searching Bing for "Vancouver International Airport" - I can't explain why, because this weblog doesn't show up in at least the first two results pages - but I figured why not, if people are looking for things related to YVR, I'll provide!

I took this particular shot last time I was down there, looking across the field toward the North Shore Mountains. I wasn't expecting to find that American Airlines plane there; that line's not a common visitor to YVR, only flying from here to Dallas/Fort Worth, though for a while planes on that route did have a tendency to overfly my apartment in New Westminster, loud and low around 10 AM, during final approach. Behind it is one of the countless Air Canada flights that depart from here, and in front is a Horizon Air turboprop that could be bound either for Portland or Seattle.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment