Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Photo: Meta-Sightseeing

There isn't a major city in North America, I think, that doesn't have them--sightseeing buses, that is. They differ from place to place, of course, from the amphibious Ducks in Seattle to the open-topped double-deckers and repurposed London Routemasters of Toronto and Vancouver, but go down a main street on any given day and you'll be as likely as not to find one of them rambling along, creaking with tourists snapping photos of the city as it goes by.

Personally, I've never been interested in "tourist experiences" like these--when I'm off in another city, I prefer to do things that don't scream "hey everyone, I am a stranger to these here parts." I do, however, make it a point to take photos of these tour buses as they go by. I mean, I'd probably show up in a bunch of their pictures anyway. I'm only returning the favor.



I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment