Saturday, April 17, 2010

PDP #207: Mies' Monolithic Mirror

I've posted photos of the Toronto-Dominion Centre on here before - with good reason, I think. Designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the original towers of the Centre were among the first modern skyscrapers in Toronto. On a bright day when the light is right, they become something more - in this photo, the Royal Trust Tower is reflecting Commerce Court West, just across the street. Almost makes me want to go down there and throw a bone in the air.

Incidentally, this post marks something of a milestone for this weblog - a post every day, without fail, for the past year, as April 16, 2009 broke my original stride. My thanks to you all who read through it all.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment