Sunday, April 25, 2010

PDP #211: A Lonely Street in Pompeii

Most of us have probably heard, in some way or another, of Pompeii - the ancient Roman city that was buried in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius back in 79, and which today is one of our primary sources for understanding Roman civilization. I was there on March 13, 1998 - not the brightest and most bluesky of days.

This photo was taken with my old film camera, a Minolta Pocket Autopak 430E from approximately 1976. As befitting my extremely amateur nature at a time before the easy-check nature of digital photography, a lot of the photos I brought back don't really make the grade. Part of that has to do with the 110 film the camera uses, which apparently tends toward the grainy.

Even so, here and there I think some rise above.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment