Monday, December 27, 2010

Photo: Hercules in Flight

Back in September 2009, the Blue Angels were in Toronto to demonstrate their flying prowess at the Canadian International Air Show. If you live in downtown Toronto, the airshow's an event even if you don't go to the Ex to see it first-hand; the pilots perform practice flights above the downtown core on the days leading up to the shore, and on the days of the show itself the echo of roaring jets seems to fill the whole sky. I didn't exactly have a front-row seat in my old Parkdale apartment, but it wasn't unusual to see an F-16 or F-22 wheeling about outside.

A few days before the show itself, I captured the Blue Angels' C-130T Hercules transport, "Fat Albert," over downtown Toronto. I think the angle works out pretty well.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment