Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Photo: Some Kind of Bell Tower?

During the years I spent at Trent University, one of my enduring questions centered around the bell tower at Champlain College; just what is the deal with that thing? I mean, they call it a bell tower, but to the best of my knowledge there's no bell in it. In function it's practically more of a gateway, as you must pass beneath it to get to the parking lot. I like it as an architectural piece purely on its own merits, sure; I just wonder if it has any purpose beyond the aesthetic.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

2 comments:

  1. This is obviously a screenshot from a remake of a 90's shooter. No one else could make architecture that ugly and nonsensical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How typical, coming from an LEC man. :P

    ReplyDelete