Sunday, January 23, 2011

Photo: Seeing Things in Transit

What we see isn't necessarily what's there. Take the logo of TransLink, Metro Vancouver's public transit provider, visible on the front of the second-generation Mark II car photographed below during a stop at Metrotown Station. When I first arrived in Vancouver, and for a while after I returned for good, all I could see in that logo was a dude bodysurfing - the dot is his head, the squiggle his body, and the arc his board. It was only rather later that I came to the conclusion that it was probably supposed to be the sun, a mountain, and the coast instead.

I can be empty-headed sometimes. And by sometimes I mean frequently.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment