Thursday, May 14, 2009

PDP #40: A Steel Steeple

Pictured here today is the Fifth Church of Christ, Scientist, a Christian Science church on Chatsworth Drive in Lytton Park, a rather swank old-money suburb from the turn of the last century up near the North York frontier. Churches frequently have compelling architecture, and are understandably often the most ornate or well-built structures in many low-urban neighborhoods, which is exactly why this caught my attention. The steeple of this church, if you could call it a steeple, looks more to me like a radio antenna or a hydro tower with its open-frame construction.

My only complaint is that the church itself is so close to the road. If it was set a little further back into the park, I'd have been able to get wizard perspectives without nearly so much photographic contortion.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment