Friday, May 22, 2009

PDP #44: The North Line

Anime North 2009, Canada's premier anime-focused convention, opened its doors today. I was there this time last year, though when I say "there" I mean "in the parking lot of the Toronto Congress Centre." I only entered the doors once, back in 2003, where among other things I encountered a bearded, somewhat hairy man dressed in a Sailor Moon costume who seemed, from a distance, like he had to be on stilts. He wasn't.

I did, though, take some pictures. Cosplayers are one of the prime attendance groups of a convention like Anime North, and a lot of them put a lot of effort into what they do. In this photo I took of the line to get in, you can see quite a few. That replica of Cloud Strife's Buster Sword is as big as a person on its own, as it should be.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment