Thursday, June 24, 2010

PDP #240: The Whirlybirds

In two days the G20 summit will kick off in Toronto, and while the red zone downtown hasn't yet been locked down, the heightened security measures are becoming more obvious - from the phalanx of bicycle cops that passed by on Yonge Street the other day to the mounted patrol at Yonge and King and the helicopters slashing through the sky over Parkdale. I can't identify them myself, as I was rather more a fixed-wing nerd in my youth. The image has been cropped somewhat to remove the rather annoying and distracting dead pixels my camera likes to throw up.

Incidentally, this photo was taken at approximately the same time as yesterday's earthquake - definitely within a few minutes. Personally, I never felt it.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. I was driving on the QEW and didn't feel anything either.

    ReplyDelete