Wednesday, September 8, 2010

PDP #278: Wasp-er Wednesday

As what is shaping up to be Things With Wings Week here on Acts of Minor Treason continues, I'd just like to state for the record that I am not a buggist. I know they're annoying when they get all up ins your business and little beyond that, so when I managed to snap a picture of this one as I stood stock-still, trying to avoid pissing it off because I had no interest in it stinging me. I'd thought it was a bee at first, but as it turns out it appears to be an example of Vespula vulgaris - the common wasp. I've never been able to look this closely at one before.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment