Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PDP #281: Towering to the Clouds

I know that once I'm in Vancouver, I'll think back and miss Toronto. No matter how many things here can be frustrating or occasionally infuriating, it's still home - and at this point in my life that's not really going to change. In my experience, pictures have always been able to help calm those jitters a bit - and with my departure date a week away, my window for taking more is closing steadily and surely.

So, before I go, here's another shot of the CN Tower taken from the Bathurst Street Bridge, the sun somewhere behind the camera. I think the effect works better than if it had been a clear sky.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you good luck on your move to Vancouver. I tried to live there more than once. It's a bit unreal, with those mountains and ocean, and mild climate. Not a bit like gritty old Toronto. But I never quite fit in, and the cost was a killer. Looking forward to reading about your experiences there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can replace this great metropolis, which never, ever, relies on its background scenery to seem more appealing. Not that it couldn't, for the majestic Great Lakes, the subtle beauty of the Canadian Shield, the grandeur of Niagara, are all wonderful. It just wouldn't...because with its energy, diversity, culture, and architecture, the Canadian metropolis is unparalleled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also wishing you luck on the big move, Andrew.

    As for the pic, it puts me in mind of Edgar Rice Burroughs' report of how upper-class Barsoomians would send their houses climbing up poles after nightfall to ward off assassins. Now I know what a Martian house looks like.

    ReplyDelete