Sunday, March 28, 2010

PDP #197: Slightly Less Light Hour

I went downtown for Earth Hour last night. Remembering the degree of relative enthusiasm with which it was taken up last year, and given that I now have a camera that actually takes decent low-light photographs, I was interested in seeing Toronto dark. I wasn't totally let down. City Hall was almost totally dark, whereas right next door Old City Hall was bathed in golden light for, as far as I can determine, no reason at all. All the lights in the Bay were off, and skyscrapers like First Canadian Place were darker than usual - but not much darker.

But the police did close off Yonge Street to cars and opened it to pedestrians, allowing me to get a bunch of photos from the center line. That was nice.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. My friends and I had supper at Squirrely's on Queen Street W and they had their lights out all night.

    ReplyDelete