Wednesday, October 6, 2010

PDP #292: The Crow and the SkyTrain

One of the things I've really noticed since returning to Vancouver is the massive crow population here - they're around back in the GTA but seem to be ubiquitous in the Lower Mainland. I have no idea why - environment, maybe? Weblogs like acrowcity - and I don't think there are any other weblogs like acrowcity - take this ubiquity as bread and butter.

When I took this picture in Burnaby, near Metrotown Station, I wasn't thinking about the crow - more about the SkyTrain. There were trainsets sitting there every time I was in the area, presumably chilling on the tailtrack waiting to be called to service - but I also like the idea of the crow looking down on it and announcing, "You can move when I say you can move."

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to take a photo of the pigeons at the Islington subway station in Toronto. They live inside the building, even walking along the subway platform.

    ReplyDelete