Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PDP #299: Spartan SkyTrain

One of the visually pleasing aspects, I think, of the SkyTrain system is the lack of uniformity in style. Whereas the systems in Toronto, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Montreal have settled on one look for their rolling stock and stick with it, here in Vancouver there's no one standard - some still have the old blue-and-red BC Transit-inspired livery, others have the more modern yellow-and-white SkyTrain logo style, and the Canada Line trains stand apart.

Until the other day, though, I'd never seen trains with nothing - well, nothing besides the TransLink logo, that is. But while I was waiting in Columbia Station for a train to take me downtown, that's exactly what I saw; two trains still factory-white save the logo and numbers. I really have to wonder what the deal is with them.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment