Monday, November 1, 2010

PDP #305: Granville By Night

I almost regret, in a way, that Granville Mall is open to vehicles again. Sure, they're transit vehciles, but even so. That wasn't the way when I visited Vancouver in June, and it seemed perfectly natural then. People walked on the "road" or the sidewalk without preference and entire bands of buskers set up to perform. Not that that doesn't happen anymore, of course. But it's not the same as it was when I first saw it.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. I for one am happy that the bus traffic is back. They bring a lot more actual $$$ business to Granville Street merchants than buskers do. The influx of clubs for drunken suburban kids are a less thrilling development to me, but neighbourhoods are not going to stop evolving.

    ReplyDelete