Thursday, November 11, 2010

PDP #310: I Remember

Whenever Remembrance Day comes around, I think of my grandfather most of all. He went and served, and unlike so many others he made it back. He was the one who set me on this path, and he was the one who wrote it all down so it could be remembered, now that he's gone.

So for today, I'm posting a photo from his files, a photo of him on the march in Southampton, England in the summer of 1937, when he was part of the 22nd Battalion of the 22nd (Cheshire) Regiment. It doesn't exist the way it once did; it was folded into the Mercian Regiment in 2007. But I remember, and that man in the middle, I won't forget.

This United Kingdom artistic work, of which the author is unknown and cannot be ascertained by reasonable inquiry, is in the public domain because it is a photograph which has never previously been made available to the public (e.g. by publication or display at an exhibition) and which was taken before January 1, 1940.

No comments:

Post a Comment