Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PDP #316: Rolling Steel

The railway is a constant presence in downtown New Westminster; after all, it's the effective end of one of the lines. Frequently I'll hear a locomotive's whistle resound up the hill and across the Fraser while I'm lying in bed - reassuring, actually, almost as comforting as the rattle of streetcars on the road outside. Too bad the closest place I could reliably find that is Seattle. This past weekend I caught one of those long freight trains in the act, two BNSF Railway engines waiting to pull their load east just across from the River Market. Trains like this made British Columbia what it is today, made Canada what it is today. Something to respect.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment