Saturday, November 27, 2010

PDP #318: Palms Out, Snow Down

Early this year, I wrote a first draft of a short story that took place in Los Angeles during a (very unlikely but not, to my understanding, theoretically impossible) raging snowstorm, mostly as revenge for it raining so much while I was there. Such a storm battered its way into the Lower Mainland the Lower Mainland on Thursday, and while I was taking in the sights of the blizzard I came by downtown New Westminster's palm trees.

It's not that often, in my understanding, that you have an opportunity to see snow-covered palm trees. Their respective climate zones tend to overlap in only a few places, of which the Lower Mainland is one. Personally, it put me back in the mind of that story, something I'd expect to see in the introductory splash picture like they still do in the magazines - hell, it probably wouldn't be the first time New West doubled as L.A., anyway.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment